The Village at Squaw Valley project is a mountain development proposed by Squaw Valley Real Estate, LLC that would build new lodging and commercial space on disturbed lands in Olympic Valley, restore degraded lands and waterways, enhance year-round recreation activities, and provide new economic opportunities in the region.
The Village project is located at the base of Squaw Valley Ski Resort in Olympic Valley, the home of the 1960 Winter Olympics.
- Located on approximately 101 acres of existing parking lots and largely disturbed land
- Will include roughly 1,093 total lodging and commercial units (zoned for 1,664 units)
- Limited new commercial space to reduce competition with existing businesses in Squaw Valley, Truckee and North Lake Tahoe
- Four-phase development over 12 to 15 years to allow for incremental improvements
- Restoration of Squaw Creek upon Phase 1 project approval
- New pedestrian- and bike-friendly trails, sidewalks, roads and parks
- State-of-the-art water quality and conservation design techniques
- New year-round recreation activities, including an indoor activity center called Grand Camp, with indoor pool, climbing wall, play center, etc.
- Environmentally sensitive design and construction strategies