The New Village At Squaw Valley
The Village at Squaw Valley is a mountain development led by Squaw Valley Ski Resort that would build new residential and commercial space on disturbed lands in Squaw Valley, restore degraded lands and waterways, enhance year round recreation activities and provide new economic opportunities for the region. The Village project is located at the base of Squaw Valley Ski Resort in Olympic Valley, the home of the 1960 Winter Olympics.
- Located on 101 acres of existing parking lots and largely disturbed land
- Will include roughly 1,093 total residential and commercial units (zoned for 1,664 units)
- Restricted commercial space to benefit businesses in Squaw Valley, Truckee and Tahoe City
- Four phased development over ten years to allow incremental improvements
- Restoration of Squaw Creek with project approval
- New bike friendly roads, pedestrian friendly sidewalks, new public parks and trails
- State of the art water quality and conservation design techniques
- New year round recreation activities including indoor pool, climbing wall and play center.
- Environmentally sensitive design strategies